Mayor: Ivan Dost
Address: OÚ Mikulovice
790 84 Mikulovice
Municipality area: 33,33
- office, school, medical centre, police
Sewerage, water supply, gas
Česká spořitelna a.s.
IPB - poštovní banka
Rodinná družstevní záložna
s.r.o. - plasty, 290 zam.
Ondřejovická strojírna - strojírenská
výroba, 60 zam.
Slezský kámen - zpracování kamene,
TRULL s.r.o. - likérka, 30 zam.
K-AGRO s.r.o. - zemědělství, 30 zam.
Kindergarten - 5 classes
Basic school- 9 classes
of unemployed people: 164 (11,56%)
mention of Mikulovice dates back to the second half of the 13th century.
The valley of the river Bělá had certainly been settled much earlier
than the first historical written records show. From at least the 10th
century the area of the present Mikulovice was of interest to precious
metal prospectors. Gold was obtained from Bělá and Olešnice river alluviums.
Relics of these activities can still be seen. Even later people went
back to gold mining here. Of particular interest are relics of of so-called
"finger mining" on the way from Mikulovice to Ondřejovice as you pass
through the area known as "Zlatý Roh" along the Olešnice stream. In
1907 Mikulovice was promoted to the status of town. Part of the village
is the settlement Buchberk, which was renamed Bukovec. In 1960, the
previously independent villages, Kolnovice and Široký Brod with their
settlements, were attached to the village. Mikulovice lies along the
river Bělá (average height above sea level is 320 m) in the lowest and
widest part of the valley. From the right the Olešnice stream joins
the river Bělá which then flows into Poland towards Nysa in the east.
The village lies along the main road from Jeseník in the north-east
to the Mikulovice border crossing into Poland. In the village there
are roads which turn towards Zlaté Hory and towards Vidnava. Following
the same direction as the main road the railway line runs from Jeseník
via Głuchołazy in Poland back to the Czech Republic in Jindřichov and
then continues onward to Krnov.